This website has been made possible through the dedication and support of many.
- The CHEST Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the American College of Chest Physicians, without which, this work would not have been possible. The CHEST Foundation provided support in the form of a grant to initially create this educational site.
- The Staff and Education Specialists at the American College of Chest Physicians for their invaluable assistance with the planning and execution of the educational content of this interactive website.
- The members of the planning committee for their assistance in developing, modifying, and evaluating the original content presented in 21 cities across the US in the COPD regional programs entitled “COPD: What Really Works: A Best Practices Workshop for Primary Care” throughout 2009-2010.
- The students, residents, fellows, and faculty of The University of Texas Health at San Antonio Medical Community and The South Texas Veterans Health Care System, particularly my bosses, Jay Peters, MD and Antonio Anzueto, MD; and Stephanie Levine, MD, Diego Maselli, MD, and the other pulmonary/critical care faculty as well as my family and friends for their assistance in reviewing, testing, and helping modify the content of this website.
- I am especially grateful for the expert guidance, direction, production, editing skills, and support of Ted Cumpston and his staff at Audio Visual Resource Group, without which this work would not have been possible.
- All of our patients who have taught me lessons that cannot be learned in books and have allowed me to gain the experience that I am able to share with all healthcare professionals through this educational website.